Visions and Goals
Visions and Goals
We plan to create a national data science and AI network for the development of technology and training young talents, between industries, universities, knowledge-based institutes, business and the government.
The Data Science and AI Research Center, ICDS, has a mission to help the city of Mashhad, and Iran in the broad term, at the forefront of developing knowledge and training talent in data science and AI. Creating and cultivating an ecosystem of knowledge and skill in data science and AI is the primary goal of this center. To achieve this goal, we must constantly interact and communicate with data centers inside and outside Iran.
By leading the development of data science and AI, while maintaining our desired values and ethical aspects in using data in the country, we will help improve the country's economic growth. In this way, considering the following items, Iran will become a vital catalyst in the Middle East in the field of development of data science and AI and cultivating talents in this field:
- Acquire and nurture talents to work on a variety of tools in the field of data science and AI
- Absorb problem and data from industries to work on data by the graduates and talents of ICDS
- Feeding the local and national ecosystems to develop talent and knowledge in data science and AI
- Things to do:
By collaborating with companies, government, and nonprofits, and using our strengths, we will build a strong position in the area of data science and AI. In this regard, the ICDS will start its activities in the following areas:
- Establishment of laboratories: The ICDS will make every effort to encourage industries and organizations to establish specialized laboratories in data science and AI in different universities in Iran. By establishing specialized laboratories, Ph.D. and master's students under the supervision of university professors and industries will be able to access and conduct research on industry data. Receiving financial resources from industries enables universities to give salaries and tuition to students.
- Training: The purpose of training is to empower talents and enthusiasts in data science and AI. We arrange courses and educational classes for industry managers to get acquainted with data science and AI, free training classes for applicants and those interested in data science and AI, winter and summer schools in data science and AI, and related workshops.
- Consulting: The ICDS is ready to give consultation to industries, government, colleges, and nonprofit organizations in the following areas: team building in data science in various sectors, creating data-driven problems based on businesses’ industrial working models, and solving data-driven problems .
- Knowledge Sharing: The ICDS is committed to arranging meetups on various topics in data science and AI. The purpose of organizing such events, in addition to acquainting the audience with new and modern algorithms and methods in the scientific world and their application in industry, is to create a data science and AI community in Mashhad. Thus, our center brings together audiences from the world of science (students, university professors) and industry and organizations in a shared, friendly environment to share knowledge and experience.
- Talent acquisition: The ICDS is committed to nurturing and empowering those interested in data science and AI. In addition to empowering the hard skills (technical skills), soft skills (teamwork, etc.) required in the industry are also taught to the talents. The ultimate goal of talent acquisition is to help industries, businesses, and organizations facilitate access to the skills they need in data science and AI.
- Communication with data science centers: This center is obliged to establish a meaningful relationship with internal and external data science and AI centers to exchange knowledge and work on joint projects.